Profile of Arthur Carlisle
- Large rotating machinery, including steam and gas turbines, compressors, pumps, large motors and generators.
- Reciprocating engines, including liquid and gas fired engines.
- High pressure steam systems, including heat recovery steam generators and boilers.
- High pressure steam and water reticulation systems and networks.
- Electrical equipment, including transformers, motors, switchgear, electrical networks and electrical safety protection systems and equipment.
- Renewable energy, including wind turbines, solar farms, digestive and combusting biomass.
- All forms of mechanical equipment, including compressors, pumps, gearboxes, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, valves, and control systems.
- Materials handling, including conveyors, crushers, silos, tanks, stackers and reclaimers, chutes and ducts
As Plant Manager of major energy facilities, I have been responsible for all equipment, daily operations and maintenance, including planning of outages, emergency repairs, quality control, environmental management, fuel supply and electrical interface. My duties included development of staff, training, health and safety, quality control and monitoring programmes, coordination with government agencies, procurement of supplies and parts for outages and operations.
My appointments have included fault analysis, root cause investigations, damage assessments, recovery, repairs, restoration, and cost management, and encompass vibration analysis, metal fatigue, corrosion, creep, wear and tear, misuse, maintenance and operating practices, environmental factors, operational data extraction and analysis, and drafting of Expert Reports.
I have carried out many root cause investigations into major failures, accidents, reduced life cycle and premature end-of-life of equipment. Investigations included physical examination of plant, collection of evidence, interviewing plant staff and witnesses to the event. I have participated and led multi-disciplinary teams in conducting theoretical and laboratory analysis into failure events. On conclusion of the investigations, I issue my report which gives details of the incident, my findings, analysis and opinions. Where necessary, they follow legal formats and are used by legal professionals in conducting court cases.